Spring Beauty Trends 2014
Now that Spring is here, it's time to shave those legs and break out the allergy meds. Spring beauty for 2014 means fresh faces with light and natural looking makeup, loose up-dos, groomed brows, gold touches, and rosy or pastel tints. If you haven't already, now is definitely the time to find a good primer and the perfect BB cream for your skin tone because this Spring is all about showing off gorgeous skin. Moisturize everyday and use products with SPF in them for protection when you finally get to go on that picnic you have been dreaming of all winter! Add some pop to your spring beauty routine with a bright lipstick or a fun nail color. My favorite nail colors for this season are Butter London Marbs (a gorgeous metallic gold), Jaffa (a bright melon tone), Hen Party (a pale opal), and Two Fingered Salute (a soft grey for those who still want to retain a little edge).
Photographs from Glamour.com and Elle.com
I am constantly getting inspiration for new beauty looks to try by watching the models in various fashion shows and magazines. One of the looks that really stood out to me recently was the hair and makeup from Calla Haynes' SS14 collection. To keep with the California girl theme, models wore fishtail braids made to look slightly unkempt and interlaced with a neon orange ribbon. The makeup was fresh and natural looking, highlighting the model's youthful and glowing skin. Groomed eyebrows, a hint of blush, a touch of highlighting around the eyes, and a natural looking lip was the perfect look for this streamlined but laid back collection.
Images by Billy Rood
Beauty Product "To Try" List
Hi everyone! Just wanted to share with you guys some of the beauty products that are currently on my "to try" list. I am planning on minimizing my wardrobe and beauty routine soon in order to simplify my life and rebuild my collection with a focus on quality over quantity. For me, Fall and Winter are all about renewal and getting a fresh start...and dry skin haha. I will be looking at lots of new moisturizers next month! Please leave me a comment and let me know what your favorite beauty products are. Have you tried any of these? If so, how did they work for you?
1. Alpha-h Liquid Gold with Glycolic Acid - So many people swear by this stuff, including the model Ruth Crilly from A Model Recommends (i recommend you check her blog out). I'm dying to try it but it is definitely not cheap so I've put it on hold. Also, Glycolic Acid is suppose to be great for your skin
2. RMS Beauty Un Coverup - Organic ingredients and claims to "melt into the skin for a virtually undetectable finish".
3. Earth Tu Face Skin Stick - An all purpose, organic skin salve for the face, lips, and body. Promotes cellular healing and comes in an earth-friendly tube.
4. Ultra Facial Overnight Hydrating Masque - Fragrance free and paraben free. I have read reviews from other beauty bloggers who say this is the most moisturizing face mask they have ever used. Perfect for people like me who have really dry skin, especially since Fall is upon us!
5. ILIA I Put a Spell on You - Full of lovely ingredients and vitamin E, this convenient stick can be used to add some color to your eyes, lips, and cheeks!
6. Egyptian Magic - Made only of Honey, Beeswax, Olive Oil, Royal Jelly, Bee Pollen and Bee Propolis. No additives, preservatives, fragrances, chemicals or parabens. I have read several interviews with models/celebrities who claim that this is their "secret" to great skin. Been wanting to try this for a long time so maybe I finally will.
7. (Not Shown) RMS Beauty Living Luminizer - A creamy skin highlighter made with organic ingredients. Doesn't this stuff just look heavenly?
Have a great weekend xx
Ruth Crilly - A Model Recommends
If you are looking for a really good beauty blogger to follow, go check out Ruth Crilly's A Model Recommends website and subscribe to her YouTube channel. Ruth Crilly is a model who has appeared in editorials worldwide for Elle, Vogue, Cosmo, Glamour, etc. She has been modelling for over ten years and since looking good is how models make a living, she knows what she is talking about. She chooses to blog about products to give viewers an honest, unbiased opinion. She is completely sweet and does reviews on both high-end and inexpensive products, as well as health tips and such. Below is her most recent video which is all about her skin care routine. Be sure to check out her monthly favorites videos as well! She lives in the UK so some of the products she mentions can not be purchased in the U.S. but for the most part they are things you can find anywhere or buy online, and she almost always posts links to the products that she talks about.
Sarah is a textile designer and blogger living in GA. She loves all things beauty, fashion, art, music, books, film, photography, DIY, and so much more! She has too many interests which is why she changed her major 4 times in college! xx