Jacquemus is a label created by fashion school dropout and self-starter Simon Porte. Simon attended ESMOD in France for only two months and left spontaneously to start his own clothing line. Named in memory of his mother who had recently passed at the time, Jacquemus was born. The Spring 2014 collection La Piscine was debuted at Paris Fashion Week where it made quite a splash (haha cheesy, I know but I couldn't resist)! Porte is only 23 years of age and still works during the day as a sales associate for Comme des Garçons in Paris. He says this allows him the chance to learn about what customers like and do not like which he can use to refine his designs in his free time. I just love the understated and raw feel to this collection, which seems to be directed towards the slightly listless youth who still have an edge about them. I would totally rock the Le Pull Marine top inspired by the 80's french music video for "Pull Marine" by Isabelle Adjani.
I am seriously obsessed with Free People. I feel that this is a brand that allows me to express multiple sides of my personality. There are looks ranging from grunge to romantic, hippie and bohemian, to beach and festival wear. Free People allows room for me to be unique since many of their items can be layered and styled in multiple ways. Like many great things in the fashion world, Free People clothing can be pricey. Most of the things I am lusting over right now are what I consider to be "investment pieces". I know a few people who have bought Free People dresses for their boho or outdoor wedding dress (something I will definitely consider if I get married). To post everything I love from Free People I would have to post basically the entire site so here are four things that I am seriously drooling over.
Hill Country Lace Up Dress , Joe Lace Up Boot (by Jeffrey Campbell), Heart of Gold Skirt , Backstage Boot (by Jeffrey Campbell)
Free People also has a really cool blog you can check out by clicking here.
Comment below and tell me what your favorite brand or style is! Also, which boots do you like better of the ones above? Because I'm leaning towards buying the lace up ones but I can't decide!
Hello world. I am completely in love with basically everything by the Brazilian label Joulik! The two sisters, Karen and Katiúscia Moraes design for the unique, modern, and independent young woman. Their detailed designs using sequins and beading, are absolutely stunning. Three of my favorite pieces are shown below. Some of their stuff is actually pretty affordable (compared to other designer labels), but even the pricey things are worth every cent if you can afford it. If I had unlimited cash flow, my dream closet would be filled with Joulik xx
Gah! I seriously feel like everything in their new collection was made for me! <3 Isn't it beautiful!?
I was also thinking that this could be great inspiration for a fashion DIY project. If you have the time and the patience, you could bling out an old denim jacket or a plain skirt with some handmade designs. Hmmm....I may have to try something small when I have some free time again, if that ever happens.
Right now I am too busy watching New York fashion week, as I am sure all of you are too.
I hope everyone had a great labor day and that you all got to stay home and sleep in late for once like I did! Things have been kind of hectic at work this week so I haven't had much time to post. I do however have some wonderful things planned to share with you guys in the near future. For now, here are a few things that I am currently drooling over...
1. Lionette Andaman Hand Bracelet in White -- I've been looking at hand bracelets/hand jewelry a lot lately. And while there are many lovely inexpensive pieces that can be found (such as this one here), this piece is my favorite that I have seen all year. I guess for $730.00, it better be. Sigh, if only I had a disposable income that would allow me these luxuries...
2. Vintage Lace Dress -- I love Pixie Market and I am constantly checking their website to fulfill my grunge style addiction. I am a woman of many tastes and styles. I love high-end designer and couture, but I also love thrift store finds and re-fashioning and everything in between. Anyway, I saw this "vintage" lace dress and I thought it was beautiful. It could be styled so many different ways. I didn't buy it though because it looks like it is pretty sheer on top and also has the completely sheer V, making it difficult to find the right slip to wear underneath. I usually prefer clothes that I can just throw on and wear without having to worry about whether or not the world can see my boobs.
3. ModCloth Stitch a Ride Flat -- I love all things embroidered! These adorable embroidered flats from ModCloth would be great for a casual day with dark skinny jeans and a t-shirt. They only have a few left in stock but they only cost $32.99!
4. Tibi Shane Clear Strap Pump -- I know I already shared this shoe with you guys on my shoe obsession post but I had to put it on here again because they are no longer on the Tibi website and they are sold out on Shopbop. I want these shoes SO bad. They are absolutely perfect! I couldn't afford them when they were available and now they have forever gone into shoe heaven.
I am all about simple, functional, and sophisticated fashion for everyday wear. But I also enjoy little touches of something unique to make an outfit special. All of these qualities can be found in Juliette Hogan's Summer 2013 collection "Kaleidoscope City", as well as her Bridesmaid collection. One of my favorite pieces from the Summer collection is the linen pantsuit. Linen is one of my favorite materials because it is light enough to wear in warmer weather but versatile enough to be used for pieces that require a little bit of structure. I seriously want that blazer and those pants! I'm also in love with Juliette Hogan's choice of prints, which is no surprise since she did study textile design.
Don't all of those dresses look so simplistic and feminine, and completely comfortable?
I've been really into monochromatic or black and white fashion lately. Here are some of the things I am currently obsessing over:
1. Vapor Moto Jacket by UNIF -- I am in love with this jacket. I want a clear PVC clutch to go with it.
2. Ring by Sophie Thomas -- Sophie Thomas makes innovative, sculptural jewelry. It is beautiful.
3. Abby PU Mini -- I love the look of leather and this one is vegan friendly!
4. Miss Golden State Black and White Block Heel -- I think these shoes speak for themselves.
5. Imonni Leather Panel Track Pant -- I never got into the luxe sportswear trend but these leather track pants are fabulous and I would totally rock them with a white mesh top with a black bandeau bra or a white sweatshirt, the block heels above, and maybe a white beanie. Love!
In case you haven't discovered them already, enjoy these stunning photos taken by Julia Noni with model Jeneil Williams (omg her bone structure is fabulous!) for the September issue of German Vogue. Click any of the images below to see more...
And these photos, also by Julia Noni taken of the lovely Wang Xiao for Vogue China...
Happy hump day! This week I am currently obsessing over these fabulous shoes (+ a thousand more)! All of them are out of my price range right now but a girl can dream...
1. Jeffrey Campbell Krystle Loafers
2. Isabel Marant Biker Boot
3. Alexander Mcqueen Suede Skull Loafers
4. Tibi Shane Pump
5. Angeles Western Boots from Topshop
6. Strut Cutout Bootie from Nasty Gal
My first post is going to be about a new love in my life and her name is Lauren Moffatt. Lauren Moffatt was named "Designer to Watch" by both WWD and Vogue and they are absolutely right because she is utterly fabulous. She combines a love for fine art and modern design to create a collection that tells a story, and her presentation is an experience in itself. I would literally wear every single piece from her Fall 2013 collection. There are so many designers that I love but whose clothes I could never see myself wearing in public. Lauren Moffatt designs clothes that are beautiful, wearable, and will draw attention but still allow you to look relatable. I am definitely planning on saving up my money so that I can splurge on one of her dresses! Her website features a blog which is completely charming and full of music, art, fashion, and other lovely, inspirational bits.
All images and video were found on the Lauren Moffatt website and blog. :) Check her out if you haven't already.