I am all about simple, functional, and sophisticated fashion for everyday wear. But I also enjoy little touches of something unique to make an outfit special. All of these qualities can be found in Juliette Hogan's Summer 2013 collection "Kaleidoscope City", as well as her Bridesmaid collection. One of my favorite pieces from the Summer collection is the linen pantsuit. Linen is one of my favorite materials because it is light enough to wear in warmer weather but versatile enough to be used for pieces that require a little bit of structure. I seriously want that blazer and those pants! I'm also in love with Juliette Hogan's choice of prints, which is no surprise since she did study textile design.
Don't all of those dresses look so simplistic and feminine, and completely comfortable?
I've been really into monochromatic or black and white fashion lately. Here are some of the things I am currently obsessing over:
1. Vapor Moto Jacket by UNIF -- I am in love with this jacket. I want a clear PVC clutch to go with it.
2. Ring by Sophie Thomas -- Sophie Thomas makes innovative, sculptural jewelry. It is beautiful.
3. Abby PU Mini -- I love the look of leather and this one is vegan friendly!
4. Miss Golden State Black and White Block Heel -- I think these shoes speak for themselves.
5. Imonni Leather Panel Track Pant -- I never got into the luxe sportswear trend but these leather track pants are fabulous and I would totally rock them with a white mesh top with a black bandeau bra or a white sweatshirt, the block heels above, and maybe a white beanie. Love!
In case you haven't discovered them already, enjoy these stunning photos taken by Julia Noni with model Jeneil Williams (omg her bone structure is fabulous!) for the September issue of German Vogue. Click any of the images below to see more...
And these photos, also by Julia Noni taken of the lovely Wang Xiao for Vogue China...
Happy hump day! This week I am currently obsessing over these fabulous shoes (+ a thousand more)! All of them are out of my price range right now but a girl can dream...
1. Jeffrey Campbell Krystle Loafers
2. Isabel Marant Biker Boot
3. Alexander Mcqueen Suede Skull Loafers
4. Tibi Shane Pump
5. Angeles Western Boots from Topshop
6. Strut Cutout Bootie from Nasty Gal
My first post is going to be about a new love in my life and her name is Lauren Moffatt. Lauren Moffatt was named "Designer to Watch" by both WWD and Vogue and they are absolutely right because she is utterly fabulous. She combines a love for fine art and modern design to create a collection that tells a story, and her presentation is an experience in itself. I would literally wear every single piece from her Fall 2013 collection. There are so many designers that I love but whose clothes I could never see myself wearing in public. Lauren Moffatt designs clothes that are beautiful, wearable, and will draw attention but still allow you to look relatable. I am definitely planning on saving up my money so that I can splurge on one of her dresses! Her website features a blog which is completely charming and full of music, art, fashion, and other lovely, inspirational bits.
All images and video were found on the Lauren Moffatt website and blog. :) Check her out if you haven't already.
Sarah is a textile designer and blogger living in GA. She loves all things beauty, fashion, art, music, books, film, photography, DIY, and so much more! She has too many interests which is why she changed her major 4 times in college! xx