Happy Halloween everyone! If you guys read my last beauty post then you know that Beauty Box 5 offered to send me one of their boxes to review! I was super excited when it arrived last week and have been enjoying trying out the products so that I could give my honest opinion on the value of the box. I found Beauty Box 5 when I was researching box subscriptions and trying to find one that was around $10 - $15/month and that came with a variety of products. A monthly reoccurring subscription to Beauty Box 5 is $12 per month and comes with five samples in each box. Samples range from full-size to sample size and could be luxury products, drugstore brands, or even vegan products!
With so many products available to us, sometimes it is difficult to choose which ones we want to invest in, especially for the more high-end products. After all, who wants to spend $100 on a face mask and then find out that you hate it or that it doesn't deliver the goods? Not I. Right now, there is a growing trend of monthly subscriptions to boxes that feature everything from snacks to beauty products. There are beauty boxes that focus specifically on skin care, hair, makeup, all natural products, luxury products, nail care, or a combination of products. This is a great way to try samples of products that you may not have otherwise tried. Many of these sites also offer bonus perks such as discount codes to purchase full-sized products that you love, referral rewards, and free shipping.
Here are some of the more popular ones in alphabetical order:
Hi everyone! Just wanted to share with you guys some of the beauty products that are currently on my "to try" list. I am planning on minimizing my wardrobe and beauty routine soon in order to simplify my life and rebuild my collection with a focus on quality over quantity. For me, Fall and Winter are all about renewal and getting a fresh start...and dry skin haha. I will be looking at lots of new moisturizers next month! Please leave me a comment and let me know what your favorite beauty products are. Have you tried any of these? If so, how did they work for you?
1. Alpha-h Liquid Gold with Glycolic Acid - So many people swear by this stuff, including the model Ruth Crilly from A Model Recommends (i recommend you check her blog out). I'm dying to try it but it is definitely not cheap so I've put it on hold. Also, Glycolic Acid is suppose to be great for your skin
2. RMS Beauty Un Coverup - Organic ingredients and claims to "melt into the skin for a virtually undetectable finish".
3. Earth Tu Face Skin Stick - An all purpose, organic skin salve for the face, lips, and body. Promotes cellular healing and comes in an earth-friendly tube.
4. Ultra Facial Overnight Hydrating Masque - Fragrance free and paraben free. I have read reviews from other beauty bloggers who say this is the most moisturizing face mask they have ever used. Perfect for people like me who have really dry skin, especially since Fall is upon us!
5. ILIA I Put a Spell on You - Full of lovely ingredients and vitamin E, this convenient stick can be used to add some color to your eyes, lips, and cheeks!
6. Egyptian Magic - Made only of Honey, Beeswax, Olive Oil, Royal Jelly, Bee Pollen and Bee Propolis. No additives, preservatives, fragrances, chemicals or parabens. I have read several interviews with models/celebrities who claim that this is their "secret" to great skin. Been wanting to try this for a long time so maybe I finally will.
7. (Not Shown) RMS Beauty Living Luminizer - A creamy skin highlighter made with organic ingredients. Doesn't this stuff just look heavenly?
Have a great weekend xx
Sarah is a textile designer and blogger living in GA. She loves all things beauty, fashion, art, music, books, film, photography, DIY, and so much more! She has too many interests which is why she changed her major 4 times in college! xx