Jacquemus by Simon Porte
Jacquemus is a label created by fashion school dropout and self-starter Simon Porte. Simon attended ESMOD in France for only two months and left spontaneously to start his own clothing line. Named in memory of his mother who had recently passed at the time, Jacquemus was born. The Spring 2014 collection La Piscine was debuted at Paris Fashion Week where it made quite a splash (haha cheesy, I know but I couldn't resist)! Porte is only 23 years of age and still works during the day as a sales associate for Comme des Garçons in Paris. He says this allows him the chance to learn about what customers like and do not like which he can use to refine his designs in his free time. I just love the understated and raw feel to this collection, which seems to be directed towards the slightly listless youth who still have an edge about them. I would totally rock the Le Pull Marine top inspired by the 80's french music video for "Pull Marine" by Isabelle Adjani.
Black and White Obsession
I've been really into monochromatic or black and white fashion lately. Here are some of the things I am currently obsessing over:
1. Vapor Moto Jacket by UNIF -- I am in love with this jacket. I want a clear PVC clutch to go with it.
2. Ring by Sophie Thomas -- Sophie Thomas makes innovative, sculptural jewelry. It is beautiful.
3. Abby PU Mini -- I love the look of leather and this one is vegan friendly!
4. Miss Golden State Black and White Block Heel -- I think these shoes speak for themselves.
5. Imonni Leather Panel Track Pant -- I never got into the luxe sportswear trend but these leather track pants are fabulous and I would totally rock them with a white mesh top with a black bandeau bra or a white sweatshirt, the block heels above, and maybe a white beanie. Love!
Sarah is a textile designer and blogger living in GA. She loves all things beauty, fashion, art, music, books, film, photography, DIY, and so much more! She has too many interests which is why she changed her major 4 times in college! xx