Summer Sandals from Anthropologie
Um, can we please talk about how gorgeous all of these sandals from Anthropologie are? I seriously want every single one of these on my feet this summer. There are so many different styles that are perfect for work, the beach, music festivals, or any of the other things that will be happening in the coming months. My birthday is coming up soon so I may just have to treat myself to a pair...or two!
Nonoo Fall 2014 Collection
Misha Nonoo had a fabulous season as she played with opacity, transparency, and both real and implied textures. The highlights of the collection were the sheer fabrics, cut-outs, and large interwoven panels and hemlines that added a unique point of interest to the designs. The collection also featured interwoven hemlines, which Nonoo paid special attention to the inner construction of, using a splicing technique so that no stitches could be seen on the outside. "I think about the inside of a garment as much as I do the outside," says Nonoo. Her attention to quality and detail has certainly paid off. This is one collection I would be proud to wear in it's entirety, except maybe the detachable fox collars which are not my style.
Photos: Livio Valerio
YEOHLEE Pre-Fall 2014 Collection
So I know that I have been M.I.A. lately but things have been crazy at work! The textile design company that I work for is about to launch a new collection with one of my designs and we are trying to get it ready as quickly as possible! Anyway, I hope everyone had a fun new years!! I wore a sparkly dress with a sweater over it to go to a bonfire party, half froze, drank a lot of champagne and Disaronno, and pretended to be a wizard with my sparklers. My new year's resolutions are to eat healthier, work out more often (i.e. at all), start cooking more, and to update this blog more often. So for those who haven't already seen them, I wanted to share some images with you all of eco-conscious designer Yeohlee's Pre-Fall collection for 2014. I love the stark, mostly black and white palette and gorgeous silhouettes, loosely inspired by early modernist architecture from Rudolph Schindler's Los Angeles works. Yeohlee says "I try to create clothes that have kinetic energy and are full of movement". She focuses on both sustainability and functionality. The collection features practical outerwear such as a water-resistant coat and hooded rain slicker. Enjoy!
Jacquemus by Simon Porte
Jacquemus is a label created by fashion school dropout and self-starter Simon Porte. Simon attended ESMOD in France for only two months and left spontaneously to start his own clothing line. Named in memory of his mother who had recently passed at the time, Jacquemus was born. The Spring 2014 collection La Piscine was debuted at Paris Fashion Week where it made quite a splash (haha cheesy, I know but I couldn't resist)! Porte is only 23 years of age and still works during the day as a sales associate for Comme des Garçons in Paris. He says this allows him the chance to learn about what customers like and do not like which he can use to refine his designs in his free time. I just love the understated and raw feel to this collection, which seems to be directed towards the slightly listless youth who still have an edge about them. I would totally rock the Le Pull Marine top inspired by the 80's french music video for "Pull Marine" by Isabelle Adjani.
My Obsession with Free People
I am seriously obsessed with Free People. I feel that this is a brand that allows me to express multiple sides of my personality. There are looks ranging from grunge to romantic, hippie and bohemian, to beach and festival wear. Free People allows room for me to be unique since many of their items can be layered and styled in multiple ways. Like many great things in the fashion world, Free People clothing can be pricey. Most of the things I am lusting over right now are what I consider to be "investment pieces". I know a few people who have bought Free People dresses for their boho or outdoor wedding dress (something I will definitely consider if I get married). To post everything I love from Free People I would have to post basically the entire site so here are four things that I am seriously drooling over.
Hill Country Lace Up Dress , Joe Lace Up Boot (by Jeffrey Campbell), Heart of Gold Skirt , Backstage Boot (by Jeffrey Campbell)
Free People also has a really cool blog you can check out by clicking here.
Comment below and tell me what your favorite brand or style is! Also, which boots do you like better of the ones above? Because I'm leaning towards buying the lace up ones but I can't decide!
Joulik Has Stolen My Heart
Hello world. I am completely in love with basically everything by the Brazilian label Joulik! The two sisters, Karen and Katiúscia Moraes design for the unique, modern, and independent young woman. Their detailed designs using sequins and beading, are absolutely stunning. Three of my favorite pieces are shown below. Some of their stuff is actually pretty affordable (compared to other designer labels), but even the pricey things are worth every cent if you can afford it. If I had unlimited cash flow, my dream closet would be filled with Joulik xx
Gah! I seriously feel like everything in their new collection was made for me! <3 Isn't it beautiful!?
I was also thinking that this could be great inspiration for a fashion DIY project. If you have the time and the patience, you could bling out an old denim jacket or a plain skirt with some handmade designs. Hmmm....I may have to try something small when I have some free time again, if that ever happens.
Right now I am too busy watching New York fashion week, as I am sure all of you are too.
Fashion Drool of the Day
I hope everyone had a great labor day and that you all got to stay home and sleep in late for once like I did! Things have been kind of hectic at work this week so I haven't had much time to post. I do however have some wonderful things planned to share with you guys in the near future. For now, here are a few things that I am currently drooling over...
1. Lionette Andaman Hand Bracelet in White -- I've been looking at hand bracelets/hand jewelry a lot lately. And while there are many lovely inexpensive pieces that can be found (such as this one here), this piece is my favorite that I have seen all year. I guess for $730.00, it better be. Sigh, if only I had a disposable income that would allow me these luxuries...
2. Vintage Lace Dress -- I love Pixie Market and I am constantly checking their website to fulfill my grunge style addiction. I am a woman of many tastes and styles. I love high-end designer and couture, but I also love thrift store finds and re-fashioning and everything in between. Anyway, I saw this "vintage" lace dress and I thought it was beautiful. It could be styled so many different ways. I didn't buy it though because it looks like it is pretty sheer on top and also has the completely sheer V, making it difficult to find the right slip to wear underneath. I usually prefer clothes that I can just throw on and wear without having to worry about whether or not the world can see my boobs.
3. ModCloth Stitch a Ride Flat -- I love all things embroidered! These adorable embroidered flats from ModCloth would be great for a casual day with dark skinny jeans and a t-shirt. They only have a few left in stock but they only cost $32.99!
4. Tibi Shane Clear Strap Pump -- I know I already shared this shoe with you guys on my shoe obsession post but I had to put it on here again because they are no longer on the Tibi website and they are sold out on Shopbop. I want these shoes SO bad. They are absolutely perfect! I couldn't afford them when they were available and now they have forever gone into shoe heaven.
I am all about simple, functional, and sophisticated fashion for everyday wear. But I also enjoy little touches of something unique to make an outfit special. All of these qualities can be found in Juliette Hogan's Summer 2013 collection "Kaleidoscope City", as well as her Bridesmaid collection. One of my favorite pieces from the Summer collection is the linen pantsuit. Linen is one of my favorite materials because it is light enough to wear in warmer weather but versatile enough to be used for pieces that require a little bit of structure. I seriously want that blazer and those pants! I'm also in love with Juliette Hogan's choice of prints, which is no surprise since she did study textile design.
Don't all of those dresses look so simplistic and feminine, and completely comfortable?
Black and White Obsession
I've been really into monochromatic or black and white fashion lately. Here are some of the things I am currently obsessing over:
1. Vapor Moto Jacket by UNIF -- I am in love with this jacket. I want a clear PVC clutch to go with it.
2. Ring by Sophie Thomas -- Sophie Thomas makes innovative, sculptural jewelry. It is beautiful.
3. Abby PU Mini -- I love the look of leather and this one is vegan friendly!
4. Miss Golden State Black and White Block Heel -- I think these shoes speak for themselves.
5. Imonni Leather Panel Track Pant -- I never got into the luxe sportswear trend but these leather track pants are fabulous and I would totally rock them with a white mesh top with a black bandeau bra or a white sweatshirt, the block heels above, and maybe a white beanie. Love!
Happy hump day! This week I am currently obsessing over these fabulous shoes (+ a thousand more)! All of them are out of my price range right now but a girl can dream...
1. Jeffrey Campbell Krystle Loafers
2. Isabel Marant Biker Boot
3. Alexander Mcqueen Suede Skull Loafers
4. Tibi Shane Pump
5. Angeles Western Boots from Topshop
6. Strut Cutout Bootie from Nasty Gal
Sarah is a textile designer and blogger living in GA. She loves all things beauty, fashion, art, music, books, film, photography, DIY, and so much more! She has too many interests which is why she changed her major 4 times in college! xx