So I know that I have been M.I.A. lately but things have been crazy at work! The textile design company that I work for is about to launch a new collection with one of my designs and we are trying to get it ready as quickly as possible! Anyway, I hope everyone had a fun new years!! I wore a sparkly dress with a sweater over it to go to a bonfire party, half froze, drank a lot of champagne and Disaronno, and pretended to be a wizard with my sparklers. My new year's resolutions are to eat healthier, work out more often (i.e. at all), start cooking more, and to update this blog more often. So for those who haven't already seen them, I wanted to share some images with you all of eco-conscious designer Yeohlee's Pre-Fall collection for 2014. I love the stark, mostly black and white palette and gorgeous silhouettes, loosely inspired by early modernist architecture from Rudolph Schindler's Los Angeles works. Yeohlee says "I try to create clothes that have kinetic energy and are full of movement". She focuses on both sustainability and functionality. The collection features practical outerwear such as a water-resistant coat and hooded rain slicker. Enjoy!
I am all about simple, functional, and sophisticated fashion for everyday wear. But I also enjoy little touches of something unique to make an outfit special. All of these qualities can be found in Juliette Hogan's Summer 2013 collection "Kaleidoscope City", as well as her Bridesmaid collection. One of my favorite pieces from the Summer collection is the linen pantsuit. Linen is one of my favorite materials because it is light enough to wear in warmer weather but versatile enough to be used for pieces that require a little bit of structure. I seriously want that blazer and those pants! I'm also in love with Juliette Hogan's choice of prints, which is no surprise since she did study textile design.
Don't all of those dresses look so simplistic and feminine, and completely comfortable?
I've been really into monochromatic or black and white fashion lately. Here are some of the things I am currently obsessing over:
1. Vapor Moto Jacket by UNIF -- I am in love with this jacket. I want a clear PVC clutch to go with it.
2. Ring by Sophie Thomas -- Sophie Thomas makes innovative, sculptural jewelry. It is beautiful.
3. Abby PU Mini -- I love the look of leather and this one is vegan friendly!
4. Miss Golden State Black and White Block Heel -- I think these shoes speak for themselves.
5. Imonni Leather Panel Track Pant -- I never got into the luxe sportswear trend but these leather track pants are fabulous and I would totally rock them with a white mesh top with a black bandeau bra or a white sweatshirt, the block heels above, and maybe a white beanie. Love!
Sarah is a textile designer and blogger living in GA. She loves all things beauty, fashion, art, music, books, film, photography, DIY, and so much more! She has too many interests which is why she changed her major 4 times in college! xx