I am now announcing the re-launch of my Etsy shop, White Lace and Cotton. This shop focuses on custom, digital or print-at-home orders. I make art for homes and nurseries, invitations, and announcements. Please check out my shop here. All products are inexpensive since there is no shipping or packaging costs, and they can be downloaded immediately after purchase. Custom orders are fulfilled quickly and then sent to you in the form of .jpeg and .pdf files.
It's New Year's Eve which means that once again, it is time to make a list of resolutions we hope to accomplish this year. Notice I used the word "hope" because if you are anything like me, you probably do a mental toss of that list as soon as January 1st is over...This New Year's Eve I will be watching the ball drop on TV with my friends, drinking cheap champagne, and fighting the waves of nostalgia that will inevitably follow said champagne as we discuss highlights of our 2014.
I have a long list of resolutions for the new year but only included my top five in the list above. Some of my other small resolutions for 2015 are to make more time for my favorite hobbies (reading, photography, painting, crafting, etc.), finally decorate my bedroom the way I've always dreamed (I've done basically nothing with it since I moved in almost 2 years ago!), buy a new 50mm lens for my camera, build a raised garden bed and plant veggies successfully (my first attempt at gardening proved that alas, I had not inherited my mother's green thumb but instead have my father's black thumb which kills everything it touches), and learn how to cook more often and cook more culturally eclectic foods (like my new favorite, Indian food)!
I would like to wish everyone a very happy new year and I hope that 2015 brings about positive changes for us all! Comment below and tell me, what is on your resolution list?
Okay, this is seriously cool. I can't even begin to imagine the possibilities with this creation. As an artist, I can definitely say that this would be an incredibly useful and fun tool! See it on Kickstarter here and contribute a donation to their project for your very own 3D pen! Most of the pledge slots are already full!
I hope everyone eats lots of chocolate or other sweets today! Even if you don't have a significant other in your life at the moment, drink some champagne and give yourself some love with a little pampering. You deserve it! Here are my favorite Valentine's I have seen so far today.
Spread the love! xoxo
Frankie magazine is based in Australia that covers design, art, photography, fashion, travel, music, crafts, interiors, etc. They always have the most adorable covers and content. Frankie is one of my favorite magazines. Their website also has some cool stuff and they are constantly having giveaways! If you are the creative type or simply appreciate creativity and aesthetics, you will enjoy Frankie and the inspiration that it provides to it's readers.
A very happy birthday to Kate Moss' half-sister Charlotte or "Lottie" Moss, who turned 16 yesterday and signed with Storm Model Management. Storm was the same agency that discovered Kate at the JFK airport when she was 14! Even though they are only half-sisters, I can definitely see the resemblance. She is looking fresh-faced and gorgeous. I wish her all the best of luck on this new path and I hope that she is able to break away from just being "Kate's sister" and make a name for herself in the modeling world. I can't wait to see more of her! xx
Click here to visit Lottie's Storm profile.
Pantone recently released their fashion color report for Spring 2014! I am very excited to see that they have added a few bright, bold colors in the mix, instead of just sticking to traditional pastels. My favorite is the Cayenne Red! Which one is your favorite?
This is so cool! 19-year old Boyan Slat has possibly invented a way to clean our world's oceans in LESS THAN 5 YEARS! And it would make a profit. As if that isn't amazing enough, it would also be safe from harming marine life and would collect the waste in a way that would allow the world to truly see how much we are dumping into the oceans. Hopefully this will give some people a wake up call and encourage them to choose more environmentally friendly life choices. Currently, there is a team of experts and engineers studying this concept in depth and if everything checks out, this could be a solution that scientists have been looking for for years. It is almost like a massive pool filter that works with the current of the ocean to collect plastic and other floating debris.
Click on the image above to see more information about this plan and to find out how you can get involved or make a donation. If you think you have a better idea for a design to clean our oceans, enter the contest and you could win an amazing vacation package and you'd basically be a hero.
Here is a short film presented by Benah. It came out several years ago but I still enjoy it so I wanted to share it with you. If you have any favorite short films you recommend I watch, feel free to comment below and let me know :)
Written and directed by Ben Briand.
1. Sometimes I think I just might go walking/jogging around my neighborhood but I prefer to do this by myself, clear my head. On the rare occasion that I actually do this, I'm always slightly nervous that something will happen and I will not be able to protect myself. I use to take Judo (Martial Arts) but that was like, eight years ago so I'm pretty sure it wouldn't help me any more. Anyway, I think this Mace Gun looks totally badass and would scare off most predators who might try to mess with me.
2. I've had my eye on this Marrakech Swing Chair from Urban Outfitters for a while now. It finally went on sale and I almost ordered it but after reading the reviews, I discovered that there is a chance I will not receive a chair in these colors. Also, I'm not really sure if my ceiling could hold it. Hmm...still debating.
3. I love this Shot Glass Flask (Urban Outfitters) because there have been many times that I have been at a party and we did not have enough shot glasses. It is cute and convenient and just looks cool. Unfortunately, I am so busy with my new "big girl" job that I rarely have time for parties these days so I'm not sure how much actually use I would get out of it.
4. I am a big fan of rocks, minerals, crystals and such. My favorite is quartz and these Druzy Quartz Knobs from Anthropologie would be a sweet addition to my bedroom dresser.
5. This beautiful side table is designed by Kenyon Yeh who works in Taiwan making all sorts of lovely, modern furniture. I actually think I could have made something similar to this while I was doing my undergrad studies. I took a sculpture class where we learned how to weld and had full access to the welding studio. I wish I had taken advantage of the studio more when I had access to it but I was just so busy with school projects that I didn't get around to many personal projects. I would love to have this table in soft grey.
6. I love printmaking and handmade stationary, stamps, textiles, etc. I found this adorable "Print Workshop" Book by Yellow Owl Workshop which gives you ideas and techniques to use for so many different projects or experiments. This book is a great deal for only $20!
Sarah is a textile designer and blogger living in GA. She loves all things beauty, fashion, art, music, books, film, photography, DIY, and so much more! She has too many interests which is why she changed her major 4 times in college! xx